Krueger Costume Contest
Flashback Weekend pays tribute to the “Man of your Dreams” Freddy Krueger with the Krueger Costume Contest! Hosted by John Laflamboy.
The grand prize winner of each category will win two (2) VIP Ultimate Passes for Flashback Weekend 2017 and a special meet and greet with the Man of Your Dreams, Robert Englund!*
* Meet and Greet to be held during Flashback Weekend Chicago Horror Convention 2017**
*Robert Englund’s Flashback Weekend 2017 appearance subject to his availability.
**Contestants will be pre-selected and notified in advance.
Freddy-ettes (aka Female Freddy or Sexy Freddy) have become one of the most popular costumes at conventions and during Halloween. Freddy-ettes are more than a fashion statement - they're showing that they’re not afraid of Freddy by taking his power and using it!
A “Freddy-ette” is (generally) a woman who dresses in a Freddy Krueger style. There are many variations, but a Freddy-ette starts with a red and green sweater, a Freddy Fedora and Freddy glove. From there, the designs are as variable as your imagination, but often include:
- Torn opera hose, nylons or leggings
- Freddy’s boots or stilettos
- Freddy burn makeup optional; interesting interpretations preferred!
- Strategic tears and slits in the costume a la Freddy's claws
The winner will be chosen based on the best fusion of Freddy & fashion!
Simply put, we want to see your best Freddy cosplay! Freddy Krueger has had many looks over the years; it’s up to you to decide which incarnation of Freddy you want to enter into this categary, whether it's the freshly burned Freddy of the original “A NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET” (1984), the transformative healing scab and pus Freddy look of “A NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET 2” or the Freddy in his prime look of NOES 3 + 4. There is also the “weakened Freddy” look of NOES 5 + 6, and, last but not least, the Demon Freddy of “WES CRAVEN'S NEW NIGHTMARE”. The winner will be chosen based on the authenticity of the costume and how closely it reflects the Freddy in question.
ALL CONTESTANTS MUST BE 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER.
How to Enter
Potential contestants must pre-register by completing the official entry form and sending a current photo(s) of them in their Freddy-ette or Freddy costume. Flashback Weekend will pre-select 8 contestants in both the Freddy-ette and the Freddy categories.
Entry must be received no later than Sunday July 24, 2016. Selected contestants will be notified via email by Thursday July 27, 2016.
CONTESTANTS - The selected contestants will receive one (1) Flashback Weekend day pass for Sat. Aug. 6, 2016 (non-transferable).
GRAND PRIZE CONTEST WINNERS - The winner in each category of the Flashback Weekend Freddy-ette and Mr. Freddy contest (as determined by the contest judges on Sat. Aug. 6, 2016) will each be awarded two (2) "Ultimate Packages" to Flashback Weekend 2017 and a special meet and greet with the Man of your Dreams himself, Robert Englund!
Rules, Guidelines & Disclaimers
Contestants must be 18 years of age or older. No purchase necessary. Selected contestants must show valid legal photo ID (Drivers License or State ID) the day of the contest. This contest will be filmed. Selected contestants must sign a release the day of the contest. Decision of Flashback Weekend judges in both the pre-selection and the Contest are binding and final. The selected contestants will each receive one (1) Flashback Weekend day pass for Saturday August 6, 2016 (non transferable). The selection of the contestants is solely the decision of Flashback Weekend and entry into the Krueger Costume Contest is non-transferable. The contestants will be selected by Flashback Weekend Chicago Horror Convention.* The Grand Prize contest winners of the Costume Contest will be selected by a panel of judges TBD.
Contestants grant permission to Flashback Weekend (aka Kerz Productions Inc.) to utilize their image or likeness incidental to any live or recorded video or other display, transmission, or reproduction in whole or in part of the event.
*The appearance of the selected contestants and the look of their costume must not drastically change from the entry photos and their final appearance at the costume contest. In the event of any drastic change, contestant may be disqualified from entry.
- This is sponsored by Flashback Weekend, PO Box 480715, Niles, IL 60714.
- No purchase necessary to enter contest. No entry fees.
- Contest will take place at Flashback Weekend Chicago Horror Convention, Crowne Plaza Chicago O’Hare, Rosemont IL at 1:00 pm on Saturday August 6, 2016.
- Qualification to be in the contest requires contestant be present at event (contest) on the date and time specified.
- Contestants will be responsible for all travel and miscellaneous expenses to arrive at, depart from, and while at the convention (transportation, hotel, meals, souvenirs, etc.).
- By entering, entrants agree to abide by all terms of these Official Contest Rules and the decisions of Flashback Weekend (dba Kerz Productions Inc), whose decisions shall be final and binding.
- VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
- Contest is open only to individuals who are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry. The Contest is open only to residents the United States. The Contest is void in any other nation, state, or province where prohibited or restricted by U.S. or local law. Employees and their immediate families (defined as spouse, children, siblings, parents and grandparents) of Kerz Productions or their sponsors, affiliates and associates are NOT eligible to win.
- Contestant agrees to submit state approved legal photo ID (ex. Driver’s License) prior to contest verifying their identity and age. Contestant agrees to sign waiver prior to contest.
- Contestant agrees to submit photograph(s), which reflect their current appearance in full costume, showing their “Freddy” look and appearance. Photos will be considered property of Kerz Productions (Flashback Weekend) once submitted. Photos must be submitted by 11:59 pm Central Time on Sunday, July 24, 2016. Selected contestants will be notified via email (email provided on Registration Form) by Thursday, July 27, 2016. Contestants will arrive at contest fully costumed and ready to participate. Contestant appearance will be subject to review by Kerz Productions (Flashback Weekend) staff for similarity to photos. Any violation of these rules will result in contestant not being allowed to participate in the costume event.
- By entering any Contest, entrants agree to waive any and all claims against Contest Entities for personal injury, damage or loss of any kind which may result from participation in the Contest or from the receipt, enjoyment, ownership or use of any prize.
- No transfer, substitution, or cash equivalent for Prizes except at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a Prize of equal or greater value if a Prize cannot be awarded as described for any reason. Limit: One Prize per person/family/household. Any Prize Winner shall sometimes be referred to hereinafter as the “Winner.” No transfer, substitution or cash alternative permitted, except by Sponsor in its sole discretion.
- Prize is awarded “as is” with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied. Prize requires winner to travel to Flashback Weekend Chicago Horror Convention 2017 at the Crowne Plaza Chicago O’Hare. Winners will be responsible for all travel and miscellaneous expenses to arrive at, depart from, and while at the convention (transportation, hotel, meals, souvenirs, etc.)
- Contestants grant permission to Flashback Weekend (aka Kerz Productions Inc.) to utilize their image or likeness incidental to any live or recorded video or other format, transmission, or reproduction in whole or in part of the event. Except where prohibited by law, each Winner's entry and acceptance of the prize constitutes permission for the Contest Entities to use said Winner's name, photograph, likeness, statements, biographical information, voice, and address (city and state only) worldwide and in all forms of media, in perpetuity, without further compensation. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these official rules and waive any right to claim ambiguity in the Contest or these official rules. Winners and entrants also agree to release, discharge, indemnify and hold harmless the Contest Entities, and the officers, employees and agents of each, from and against any claims, damages or liability due to any injuries, damages or losses to any person (including death) or property of any kind resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, misuse or use of any prize or participation in any Contest-related activity or participation in this Contest. Any person attempting to defraud or in any way tamper with the Contest will be ineligible for prizes and may be prosecuted to the full extent of the law. Odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible entries received by Sponsor.
- If for any reason the Contest is not capable of running as planned, including, but not limited to, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of Contest Entities which corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Contest, Contest Entities reserve the right to disqualify any individual who causes any such problem, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest. Contest Entities assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, or any problem or technical malfunctions of any telephone network or lines, or any combination thereof, which may limit an entrant’s ability to participate in this Contest.
- Participants knowingly and expressly waive all rights to, punitive, incidental or consequential damages and/or any other damages individually or as part of a class action lawsuit.
- All issues and questions concerning the Contest including but not limited to enforceability, obligations and rights shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the United States and the state of Illinois.
- Hiring or attempting to hire individuals to vote is prohibited and may result in disqualification. Sponsor reserves the right to void suspect or fraudulent votes, as determined in Sponsor’s sole discretion.
- Judges decisions in all matters are final.